Frequently Asked Questions...
How do I get more involved with the Pittsburgh Alumni club?
- Attend an event.
- Like us on Facebook.
- Our Pittsburgh Alumni club is run by volunteers, and we’re always looking for alumni to lend a hand! If you’re interested in helping with events, communications, young alumni programming, career programming, or anything else club-related, please contact Lauren Henry.
How do I receive email/mail updates about upcoming Pittsburgh Alumni club events?
- Be sure that your preferred mailing address is updated to reflect the fact that you live in the Pittsburgh region.
- Send your updated information to Zachary Rus (773.702.0594).
Are there ways that I can volunteer with the University?
- There are numerous ways to get involved as a UChicago volunteer, including opportunities with the Pittsburgh Alumni Club, the Alumni School Committee, the Alumni Association, and the Career Advancement Office.
- Visit Alumni and Friends for an overview and more details.
Does the Pittsburgh Alumni Club have a social media presence?
What events are available through the Pittsburgh Alumni Club?
- The Pittsburgh Alumni Club offers a variety of events for alumni, current students, and their families. Past events have included 21+ Night at the Carnegie Science Center, sporting events, family cupcake decorating, symphony trips, book club meetings, and gallery tours. Please visit the Events page for more information.
- We are always looking new event ideas! If you have an idea for a Pittsburgh alumni event, please contact Lauren Henry.
Does my school or program have a group in Pittsburgh?
- The Alumni Club of Pittsburgh is pan-university, and is the shared network for all UChicago alumni, parents, and friends.
- Chicago’s affinity groups offer the opportunity to connect nationally with alumni from the same program or with a shared interest.
- School alumni pages:
I’m a current student. How do I connect with alumni for internships, etc.?
Can current students attend an event? What about their parents?
- Current students are welcome to attend any event – we’d love to have you!
- Parents of current and past students are always welcome at alumni club events.